The selection process for determining the recipient of this award is as follows:
- Nomination Process: Representatives from business, political, community and religious organizations in the five county area of Southwest Florida may nominate a company for this award. Please email the company’s name and contact to Jennifer Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline each year. Companies may self nominate by filling out the following application.
- Applications: Applications must be completed and submitted by September 1, 2017.
- Independent Panel of Judges: A group of distinguished ethics experts from across the country will judge the applications and select the finalists and ultimately the winner. The winner is announced at the Uncommon Evening held annually in the fall each year.
The Uncommon Friends Foundation Business Ethics Award program is open to any
organization that meets the following criteria:
- Is currently doing business in and has an office in any of the five counties of Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades of Southwest Florida.
- Has a system-wide commitment to business ethics and models this ethical behavior throughout the company.
2017 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
All application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted (for the online form) and postmarked (for the supporting documentation) no later than the deadline each year. The 2017 deadline is September 1, 2017. Mail to Attn: Business Ethics Nomination, Uncommon Friends Foundation, P.O. Box 811, Fort Myers, FL 33902. The top finalists will be recognized at the Uncommon Evening to be held November 2, 2017 at the Burroughs Home and Gardens.